With March Madness right around the corner we wanted to share some of our favorite arts and crafts activities with you to do with the kids!
Coloring/painting with a basketball:
- Tape a large piece of kraft paper down so that it does not move
- Squirt several blobs of paint in different colors on the paper and hand over the basketballs
- Let your toddler bounce, roll and move the balls in the paint
- Identify the different colors and any new colors she makes
- Remember to put a paint smock on your toddler so they don’t get their clothes dirty with paint!
Q-Tip Painting Basketballs:
- Print out basketball outlines and dip Q-Tips in the orange paint and start dotting away
- Remind the kids to stay in the basketball lines
- This is great fine motor practice
Tissue Basketball Craft:
- Print out a basketball outline and cut 1″ squares of black and orange tissue or construction paper
- Put a line of glue on the black lines of the basketball
- Using the black tissue paper, either crumple up the tissue paper into tiny balls, or press the middle of the tissue paper onto the glue
- Do the same with the orange tissue paper, filling in between the black lines